Module 3: Contribution rules
- What is a contribution, the eligibility requirements and how contributions can be made into super.
- The types of contributions that can be made.
- How a member’s total superannuation balance impacts them making contributions.
- Meeting the work test and work test exemption requirements for a member to make a contribution.
- The timing of contributions made into super.
- The contribution caps, the operation of the bring-forward rule and the ability to split contributions with a spouse.
- Dealing with excess contributions.
- Other types of contributions that can be made into super.