Module 4: Pensions & paying benefits
- The preservation rules, preservation age and conditions of release.
- How benefits can be paid, including lump sums and super income streams.
- The types of pensions that can be paid within an SMSF.
- Account-based pension requirements, including commutation rules.
- Transition to retirement income stream rules.
- Understanding the legacy pensions that continue to be paid from SMSFs.
- Understanding how a pension can cease.
- The transfer balance cap, transfer balance account and exceeding the transfer balance cap.