Accountants Daily, has partnered with Smarter SMSF, to provide you with a core understanding of the superannuation laws, along with the regulatory requirements that apply to SMSFs, building a foundation for you to successfully undertake your work as a SMSF practitioner.
Become better equipped to support your clients and become a pro at understanding the fundamentals of SMSFs this year. Secure your place for our online courses today!
SMSF Foundations Course
On successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Identify the different types of superannuation funds that exist and list the advantages and disadvantages of SMSFs
- Explain the requirements to operate an SMSF, including the trustee structure, requirements of the trust deed and a trustee’s responsibilities.
- Outline the key requirements of trustees preparing and maintaining a fund’s investment strategy
- Explain the investment restrictions imposed on how a trustee can invest within a SMSF
- Explain the different types of contributions that can be made into superannuation and the limitation in making contributions
- Outline the different types of pensions that can be paid from a SMSF and how benefits can generally be paid to a fund member
- Describe the taxation issues specific to SMSFs, including the different tax rates and exemptions that apply within a fund
- Explain the different statutory requirements that a trustee must adhere to in running a SMSF
The SMSF Foundations course is made up of seven modules. You have the option of attending just one module, or all 7. All modules are delivered online and include a detailed workbook and other references to be used as supporting materials throughout the course. An assessment is included at the end of each module for students to successfully complete as part of the course completion.
Duration & CPD
The course will take up to 21 hours to complete, inclusive of the assessment that must be completed at the end of each module.
Students who complete the course will receive a certificate of completion.
Recognition of CPD hours are available for the major accounting bodies (CPA, CAANZ & IPA), the SMSF Association and Tax Practitioner’s Board (TPB). Successful completion of the course will also provide CPD hours for FASEA.
Students have a total of 16 weeks (4 months) to complete the learning and assessment requirements within the course from the date that the course is activated.